HIKING THE EAST INDIO HILLS
The East Indio Hills is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail and is rated on All Trails as a moderate hike. This trail is dog friendly, but all dogs must be kept on a leash. This trail was completed through a collaboration between Friends of the Desert Mountains, Coachella Valley Mountains Conservancy, Bureau of Land Management, and the City of Indio as part of a trails network in the Northern Coachella Valley. The trail is located at the end of Golf Center Parkway and 42nd Avenue.
- When half your water is gone, it’s time to turn back.
AVOID HIKING AT PEAK HEAT DURING SUMMER MONTHS.
- Mornings before 9 AM are your friend.
NEVER HIKE ALONE.
- And tell someone where you’re going.
STAY ON THE TRAIL.
- It can prevent you from getting lost and helps preserve our natural landscape.
WEAR THE RIGHT SHOES.
- Traction and support are everything.
GIVE WILDLIFE SPACE.
- For their safety as well as your own.
DON’T COUNT ON YOUR CELLPHONE.
- Charge up before you go, but know that service can be limited out on the trails.
Hiking tips courtesy of Visit Greater Palm Springs